Thursday, October 11, 2012

Near Death Experience

PHEW! That was close!

So I basically almost died.

How?

Well, this genius, me that is, attempted driving home from work without a spot of gas in the tank.
It wasn't that it didn't cross my mind, I just pushed it. I thought I would have enough to get home, and enough to get me to the gas station on my way to work in the morning.


Well.... not the case.


Where is the worst place you could possibly run out of gas?

On the freeway perhaps? Right at the end of the onramp?

YES.

Well, I guess there are worse places...like in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night, right next to that weird German guy's house from Human Centipede..

But anyway..

The truck I was driving came to a complete stop right as I was about to merge onto the 26 heading west towards home. I had just gotten off work from a long boring day and the last thing I wanted to deal with was this.

Luckily I was able to coast this beast off to the side of the road. However, I was still very, VERY, VERY close to the zooming traffic and gigantic semi trucks. I told myself not to panic, but panic was quickly setting in when I realized that if I had to get out of the driver side door I more than likely would have been playing a human version of Frogger. And I was never any good at the video game. There was no hope. I couldn't open the passenger door because I was too close to the railing and beyond the railing was a steep incline into the woods. I was stuck inside of this truck praying to God and cursing Mitt Romney for being in town and creating this outrageous traffic and cursing myself for not putting gas in the tank and thinking/hoping that it could run off of my desire to get home.


I called Eric in only a slight panic and he came to my rescue! Never have I been so happy to say that my husband had gas.

Thankful to be alive!





No comments:

Post a Comment